more pinoy celebrity

Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pinoy Big Brother Teen Big Winner James Reid is not after fame and money


Filipino-Australian James Reid became the very first global housemate to become a Big Winner when he got the most number of text votes during the finals of Pinoy Big Brother Teen Clash of 2010 last June 26. In a press conference, James told reporters that he auditioned for PBB so he can experience new things. “Before I came in the house, I was doing home study so I never had the opportunity to make friends that much. PBB was a great opportunity for me to meet new people and make friends. I didn’t expect I would reach this far and become a Big Winner.”

James’s Australian father had been visiting the Philippines frequently to do business, operating dance clubs. The 17-year old shared that he would often come to the country for vacation. Since he’s from a well-off family, James said he never joined PBB just for the prize. “I don’t really need it. The one million was too much for me to take. There are other people in the house who need it more. That was I didn’t vote for myself to be the Big Winner. But in the end I realized it was not about the money anymore. It was about who has the best character.”

That was why when Big Brother would ask him if he thinks he will become the Big Winner, James would express his doubts. It was only in the last couple of weeks of PBB when he finally realized that he also deserves to win. “When I was in the Big Six, Big Brother explained to me that I have to believe in myself because people are believing in me. In the end, we were all given the chance to show that we are all deserving to be a Big Winner.”

James gave a message to those criticizing his victory, saying a foreigner like him has no right to win a Pinoy competition. “I believe that I deserve the title. Just like them I also worked hard to be here. I earned the title and people voted for me.”

The young lad easily won the hearts of PBB viewers, primarily the girls, because of his good looks. James thinks Filipinas are really into mestizo looks. “In Australia I’m quite average [looking]. I don’t really stand out. But here people seem to stare at me.”

Gifted with good looks, he admitted he is also open to giving showbiz in the Philippines a try, although that was also not his goal when he auditioned for PBB. “I’ll be staying here in the Philippines for a while, maybe for a year, to just see where this experience will take me. It was in PBB where I first sang and performed.” James knows how to play and guitar and sings quite well, but explained he grew up being very shy about showing his talents.

James has had only two girlfriends, one of whom was a half-Filipina. He revealed the quality he loves the most about Pinays. “I love dark-skinned Filipinas. In Australia, almost everyone goes to the beach just to get a good tan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment