more pinoy celebrity

Your Ad Here

Monday, June 28, 2010

Kris Aquino bids farewell to The Buzz





It was an emotional Sunday on The Buzz since it was Kris Aquino’s last day as a host of the show. Kris gave up all her showbiz talk-shows—The Buzz and SNN —to protect her brother, President-elect Noynoy Aquino from possible criticisms in the future because of her statements on the said programs. “I just don’t want to be a burden. I didn’t want na stuff I could say here could have negative effect on my brother and I didn’t feel na my personal life or personal views should have an effect on him,” she explained. “Ten years, Antagal pala. Andami palang nangyari talaga,” realized a tearful Kris. “Malaki na rin siguro ang nabago sa buhay ko, malaki ang nabago sa pananaw and malaki ang nabago sa core (ko) kasi tumibay.

Though ready to take on the challenge and responsibilities as the presidential sister, Kris did not hide the fact that she has fears with her new endeavor. “Natatakot ako kasi eto ‘yung alam ko talagang gawin at alam ko na magaling ako sa ginagawa kong ‘to. Paano kung ‘yung next na project na ibibigay nila sa akin, paano kung hindi na ako kasing galing no’n,” she explained.

Kris also expressed her gratitude to all those who supported her and to ABS-CBN, who made her the celebrity she is today. “For any television personality you gave me the greatest gift, you gave me your time, you gave me your trust. You let me be myself and accepted me for me. Sa management ng ABS-CBN, it will be 14 years. Thank you for letting me grow, thank you for believing in me.”

She also left a message to her “partner” Boy Abunda, who not only hosted The Buzz together with Kris for a decade, but has become Kris’s closest friend in showbiz. “Binigay mo na lahat ang buong tiwala mo, ‘yung buong pagkatao mo, all the love I could ever need… thank you for always being ready to defend me and understand me. You became Boy, I became Kris during this journey and the partnership we had siguro wala nang makaka-question, siguro we had one of the best marriages on television. I will miss this and I will miss you.”

She also gave a short message to the newest host of The Buzz, KC Concepcion. “The road ahead for you is so great.”

Kris also took pride in saying that she has been given the opportunity to bid farewell to her show while she’s on top of her game. “Ang konti-konti ng nandito sa industriya namin na nabibigyan ng pagkakataon na magpaalam na their show is still on top, they’re still considered a prized possession of the network. It’s a rare blessing and it was always what Mom prayed for me. Sabi ng Mom, ‘Kristina, sana hindi umabot sa point na malaos ka at sana nakapag-ipon ka na ng enough para kung anuman ang mangyari, okay kayo.’ So, Mom, everything happens siguro as part of God’s will and I accept that.”

Kris even managed to make a joke amidst an emotional moment. “Who knows, six years from now with science, baka maganda pa naman ako. At hindi pa ako kulubot baka pwede pang bumalik sa The Buzz. In life’s journey, this is one of the most fulfilling and the most educational, top-over and in the journey of life I will always be grateful that you allowed me to be part of your life,” she beamed.

Although she has not yet revealed what her next project or projects will be, reports claim that Kris will host a public service program together with Ted Failon or a noon-time game show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment